Survey shows huge pride in district
- Most residents (73 per cent) are proud of their district and are mainly satisfied with the council’s performance.
- Compared to last year, residents are significantly more satisfied with the availability of footpaths, water supplies and libraries. This reflects the opening of the new Te Awamutu library in October last year.
- Residents are least satisfied with stormwater, regulatory services and some aspects of roading.
- The majority of residents (62 per cent) have positive perceptions of the work the council delivers to the community. This is in line with last year.
- Only 16 per cent said they had a ‘reasonably good’ knowledge of council’s activities. Only 56 per cent recognised community boards as community advocates.
Page reviewed: 26 Jul 2017 5:04pm