Current and historical meeting information for Council and all it's Committees.
Learn about Council's structure, and our vision and community outcomes
Waipa's unique cultural, historic and environmental heritage is important to us.
Check out our parks and reserves, libraries, museums and, swimming pools.
We have a 24-hour, district-wide service for all dog and stock control calls.
All building work requires approval by Council through a building consent.
8 August 2017
More than 440 people have already had their say on Easter Sunday trading in the Waipa district.
With nearly a week still left to run until submissions close, around 65% of people say the status quo should remain and that Waipa shops shouldn’t be allowed to open. The other 35% disagree, saying Waipa retailers should be able to open on Easter Sunday if they choose to.
Eighty per cent of feedback has come via Waipa District Council’s website at www.waipadistrictcouncil.govt.nz/haveyoursay.
Council has received 22 written submissions as well as feedback in person and via the Council's Facebook page. Submissions close next Monday (14 August).
Waipa District Council will make a decision on whether or not to allow Easter Sunday trading in October. Already Hauraki, Waikato, Matamata-Piako and Thames-Coromandel District Councils have decided to allow shops in their districts to open on that day. Last month, Hamilton City Council decided shops in the city must remain closed on Easter Sunday.
For more information, contact: Jeanette Tyrrell 027 5077 599