Six spending proposals under spotlight
- a proposed $4 million upgrade of the Te Awamutu town centre
- an extra $3.6 million budgeted over 10 years to enhance Waipā's heritage sites
- a proposal to ring-fence $7.2 million for a Te Awamutu-based Waipā Discovery Centre (a further $5.2m will be externally funded)
- a $4.4 million investment to preserve and enhance the Cambridge Town Hall
- changes to the development contribution policy so ratepayers aren't covering interest on loans
- a potential $500,000 grant towards a new sport and recreation centre at Ōhaupō.
Page reviewed: 12 Mar 2018 5:24pm