2017/18 District Promotion Fund grant recipientsWaipa District Council's District Promotion Fund committee sifted through 51 applications to allocate $94,500 for Waipa-based events over the coming year. More than $230,000 in support was requested from the $100,000 available from the fund on an annual basis. The committee held over $5,500 for a small number of funding requests that may come in during the year.
The fund aims to promote Waipa as an attractive place to visit, live, work and invest in. It also supports events that promote and benefit the wellbeing of the district and its people.
|Waka Ama Sprint Nationals||$10,000.00|
|New Zealand Polo International Day||$5,000.00|
|New Zealand Canoe Sprint National Champs||$2,250.00|
|Harness Jewels ||$5,000.00|
|Stragglers Car Show||$3,000.00 |
|Armistice in Cambridge ||$5,000.00 |
|Kihikihi International Horse Trial ||$6,000.00 |
|Oceania Track Cycling Champs ||$5,000.00 |
|Festival One||$5,000.00 |
|New Zealand National Rowing Championships||$2,000.00 |
|New Zealand Open Dance Champs||$3,000.00 |
|Cambridge Autumn Festival||$3,000.00 |
|Pooch Racing ||$1,500.00 |
|Cambridge Town Cup/NI Club Champ Rowing||$ 2,750.00 |
|North Island Premier Showing Champs ||$1,800.00 |
|New Zealand Polo National Club Championships Savile Cup||$1,000.00 |
|North Island Secondary School Rowing Championships||$1,500.00 |
|New Zealand Dog Agility Champs||$2,000.00 |
|Beach Volleyball Commonwealth qualifier||$1,000.00 |
|Waikato River Festival||$5,000.00 |
|North Island Pony Club Show Jumping||$3,000.00 |
|Ulysses & Child Cancer Foundation Ride||$1,000.00|
|Cambridge BMX Twilight Meet||$1,200.00 |
|Cambridge Twilight Cycling Festival||$2,000.00 |
|Cambridge Polo||$1,000.00 |
|Remax Waipa Fun Run||$2,000.00 |
|New Zealand Wakeboard National Champs||$1,000.00 |
|Qualitat VW Nationals||$1,000.00 |
|Te Awamutu Rowing Club Regatta||$1,000.00 |
|Country Cup Basketball Tournament||$2,000.00 |
|Cambridge Half Marathon||$1,000.00 |
|New Zealand Polo Skene Cup||$500.00 |
|GIB Te Awamutu Junior Tour||$1,500.00 |
Applying to the District Promotion Fund
- Have a substantial portion of the event being based in the Waipa district.
- Occur between 1 August and 30 June of the applicable years.
- Have its application form entirely completed and all relevant supporting material included.
- Demonstrate that it has the ability to promote the Waipa district as an attractive place to live, work, invest in or visit.
- Offer economic benefit to the district through expanding the Waipa economy, growing visitor nights and increasing international and domestic exposure.
- Offer Waipa District Council the opportunity to benefit from the event through promotion using Waipa Home of Champions brand.
- Not be funded from more than one of Council's funding programmes.
Applications are open from mid-June and close the end of July each year for events that take place in the following 12 months.
Free event promotionHead along to Waipa's only district-wide events calendar whatsonwaipa.co.nz and promote your event for free! The site offers promotion, venue ideas and tips and tricks for a successful event.
All you need to do is sign up, list your event details, add a photo and it's good to go! So, What's on Waipa?
For more information on What's On Waipa email email@example.com.