- Have a substantial portion of the event being based in the Waipa District.
- Occur between 1 August 2016 and 30 June 2017.
- Have it's application form entirely completed and all relevant supporting material included.
- Demonstrate that it has the ability to promote the Waipa District as an attractive place to live, work, invest in or visit.
- Offer economic benefit to the district through expanding the Waipa economy, growing visitor nights and increasing international and domestic exposure.
- Offer Waipa District Council the opportunity to benefit from the event through promotion using Waipa Home of Champions brand.
- Not be funded from more than one of Council's funding programmes.
Applications are open from mid-June and close the end of July each year for events that take place in the following 12 months.
Free Event PromotionHead along to Waipa's only district-wide events calendar, whatsonwaipa.co.nz, and promote your event for free! The site offers promotion, venue ideas and tips and tricks for a successful event.
All you need to do is sign up, list your event details, add a photo and it's good to go! So, What's on Waipa?
For more information on What's On Waipa email email@example.com.