Fire areas in WaipaRegardless of whether you require a permit, any person lighting a fire or allowing a fire to remain alight has an obligation to ensure it does not cause nuisance or damage.
Who's issuing my fire permit?
Urban fire areas
Rural fire areas
Fire safety tips
Here are some tips for keeping a safer fire:
- Supervise fires at all times.
- Don't annoy your neighbours with smoke nuisance.
- Do not light in windy conditions
- Fire must not be left to burn where there is a chance of spread.
- Water and/or other equipment should be kept handy if available.
- The fire should be completely extinguished on completion of the burn.