District planning & resource consent
For the resource consents, development engineering and RMA Policy, during Alert Level 2:
- All staff will continue working from home unless they are required in the office for customer service or for other reasons.
- We are returning to Business as Usual processing. Our priority for processing remains as: resource consents already in process, LIMS and s223 and 224 subdivision approvals.
- We will consider requests to prioritise COVID recovery applications or applications for essential services on a case by case basis. If you have unique or mitigating circumstances, we encourage you to contact the staff contacts below early, to discuss your needs.
- As a reminder, this period is not an opportunity to fast track non-urgent applications.
- The usual information and processing requirements will continue to apply.
- We will implement any Government directives or legislative changes to planning and consent processes in accordance with those changes, at the time they come into force.
- Statutory processing times apply, including timeframe extensions. The National State of Emergency remains, and Ministry for the Environment have advised that the time period within the current State of Emergency and the current Epidemic Notice Period can be excluded from a discount calculation. This means the allowable processing time-frame includes the current State of Emergency period in addition to the usual 20 working days for non-notified consents. This does not preclude Council from applying an extension of time outside of the State of Emergency period.
- From May 18th, Duty Planner cover will be provided, in-office, for occasional counter enquiries.
- This is for general duty planner enquires only and does not include pre-application meetings or meetings for applications in process.
- Face to face meetings including pre-application meetings will be by appointment only, maintaining COVID safety. Zoom or phone meetings are still preferred where possible.
- Site visits will be undertaken following COVID safe practices including recording contacts for any future contact tracing. Staff will book ahead and will not attend if they feel unsafe.
- Some staff working from home may still require flexible work arrangements. There may continue be some delay in response times, and staff may not be available for the full period all hours, during normal office hours (8 to 5).
We ask customers to understand that we are still working in exceptional and unique circumstances and to respect any limitations around our ability to respond as usual.
For further information on RMA processes refer to the Ministry for the Environment
For any queries relating to processes around resource consents, development engineering or RMA policy, please contact:
General/policy: Tony Quickfall Manager District Plan and Growth, 021 245 7286
Development Engineering: Sharlene McGaughran, Team Leader Development Engineering, 027 249 4453
Resource Consents: Quentin Budd, Team Leader Consents 027 339 4022