District planning & resource consent
For the resource consents, development engineering and RMA Policy, during Alert Level 2:
- Staff will be working from home unless their role is unable to work without access to specialist plant/premises, or they are undertaking site visits, or it is a public-facing role.
- We are maintaining business as usual processing. Our priority for processing remains as: resource consents already in process, LIMS and s223 and 224 subdivision approvals.
- We will consider requests to prioritise COVID recovery applications or applications for essential services on a case by case basis. If you have unique or mitigating circumstances, we encourage you to contact the staff contacts below early, to discuss your needs.
- As a reminder, this period is not an opportunity to fast track non-urgent applications.
- The usual information and processing requirements will continue to apply.
- We will implement any Government directives or legislative changes to planning and consent processes in accordance with those changes, at the time they come into force.
- Statutory processing times apply, including timeframe extensions.
- Duty planner assistance for planning queries will be available by phone or Microsoft Teams meeting. An appointment can be made to receive a call back at a preferred time.
- This is for general duty planner enquires only and does not include pre-application meetings or meetings for applications in process.
- Site visits will be undertaken following COVID safe practices including recording contacts for any future contact tracing. Staff will book ahead and will not attend if they feel unsafe.
- Some staff working from home may still require flexible work arrangements. There may be some delay in response times, and staff may be working rosters or not be available for the full period all hours, during normal office hours (8 to 5).
For any queries relating to processes around resource consents, development engineering or RMA policy, please contact:
General/policy: Tony Quickfall Manager District Plan and Growth, 021 245 7286
Development Engineering: Tony Coutts, Acting Team Leader Development Engineering, 027 551 7034
Resource Consents: Quentin Budd, Team Leader Consents 027 339 4022