Waipā’s next Local Government election will be held on Saturday 12 October 2019. This is your chance to choose the people who will lead Waipā for the next three years!
Do you want to get involved this year and stand for Council or one of our Community Boards?
Here are the key dates for 2019 you need to know:
- 19 July – nominations open
- 16 August – candidate nominations close
- 21 August – candidate details are published
Enrol to vote
How do I enrol?
Voting opens on Friday 20 September 2019 and will close at 12 noon on Saturday 12 October 2019.
Everyone enrolled to vote by Friday 16 August 2019 will get their voting papers sent to them in the mail.
If you are not enrolled to vote before 16 August there is still time:
- visit Elections
- call 0800 36 76 56
- visit any Post Shop for an enrolment form.
Who do I vote for?
Waipa district is made up of five electoral wards. Where you live, determines which ward you get to vote in and how many elected members you get to vote for. The only exception to this is your vote for Mayor.
- Cambridge - five ward councillors, six community board members
- Te Awamutu - four ward councillors, five community board members
- Pirongia - two ward councillors
- Kakepuku - one ward councillor
- Maungatautari - one ward councillor
As well as voting for Waipa district Mayor, Councillors and Community Board members, you also vote for:
Waikato Regional Council
Voters in the Waipa district can vote for one councillor to represent the Waipa-King Country Constituency and one councillor to represent Nga Tai Ki Uta Constituency. There is a separate candidate handbook for the Waikato Regional Council election - phone 0800 800 401.
Waikato District Health Board
Voters in the Waipa district can vote for seven representatives on the Waikato District Health Board. There is a separate candidate handbook for the Waikato District Health Board election - phone 0800 268 624.
Local government elections 2016