Feedback closed on this consultation on 1 June 2017.
In May 2017 we consulted with the community about making changes to our 2009 District Growth Strategy to cater for this rapid growth.
We developed a website, held community open days and produced a hardcopy booklet to show what this growth could mean for different parts of our district.
View the 'What's the story on growth?' booklet to see possible changes to your area. Check out the District Growth Strategy page to look at the current strategy.
We're currently reviewing all the feedback before presenting a final plan to Council and the community.
What's the story on growth?
By 2050 we're expecting an additional 25,000 people in Waipa.
- 14,000 more people in Cambridge
- 5,400 more people in Te Awamutu
- 6,100 more people in the rest of the district
- 74,000 people living in Waipa
- 13,200 new homes needed across the district
Where will the new houses go?
What will development look like?
How do we preserve the special character of our district?
Tell us what you think about our plan for the future:
- Visit www.futurewaipa.co.nz (this website is no longer being used for this consultation)
- Chat with us at a community open day, anytime between 4-7pm
4 and 10 May 2017 - Cambridge Council office
3 and 9 May 2017 - Te Awamutu Library community room
Feedback closed 1 June 2017.