Waipa District Council has a procurement framework, policy, strategy and process in place for managing the delivery of its objectives.
We aim to achieve sustainable value-for-money for the whole life of assets or services through smart buying decisions. This is done through collaborative relationships that encourage and foster fair competition and innovation, while also satisfying customers.
Purchase order and invoicing processes
Standard terms of purchase
- Purchase order number and contract (where relevant) number must be included on your invoice (invoices cannot be paid without a purchase order and contract order number (where relevant).
- A copy invoice can be sent to your Waipa District Council contact (as long as it is clearly stamped with the word ‘copy’).
- Your invoice should be preferably typewritten and also contain this information:
- The words ‘Tax Invoice’ in a prominent place (where GST is applicable)
- Show the full name and address of Waipa District Council
- Name, address and GST number (where applicable) of supplier
- Date of issue
- Show the total payable by Waipa District Council and GST amount (where applicable)
- Description of the goods or services provided
- Quantity or volume of the goods or services provided.
How to send your invoice
- Include only one invoice per attachment (multiple attachments within one email are allowed)
- Attachments to be in pdf format
- The subject line should contain your company name along with the words ‘Tax Invoice’ and your tax invoice number.
- 31 January and received by 5 February will be paid on 20 February
- 1 February and received by 5 February will be paid on 20 March.
Indicative work programme
- Waipa District Council cannot guarantee all these projects will proceed as they depend on consultation, funding, annual planning and/or Waipa District Council or NZTA approval.
- Some projects in this plan may not be competitively tendered where there is an existing panel of suppliers or contractual arrangement.
Waipa District Council uses e-tendering to advertise and publish its tenders. We do not provide hard copy tender documents or accept hard copy responses to tenders. If you are interested in our open tendered opportunities, you should register on GETS and select the type of notifications you want to receive.
Our tenders will be advertised via the New Zealand Government Electronic Tenders Service (GETS). Registration for GETS is free of charge. Register here.
As a registered supplier you can:
- receive email notification of any new tenders we publish.
- download and view the documentation.
- participate in tender forums to seek clarifications or to ask questions.
If technical support is required relating to the use of GETS, users should contact the GETS Helpdesk:
- Free Phone (NZ): 0508 GETS HELP (0508 438 743).
- International: +64 4 901 3188.
- Email: email@example.com
Once a Waipa District Council tender has been published on GETS, all communications, including tender addendums and any tender forum questions and answers will be issued by the relevant Waipa District Council Point of Contact via the GETS and will arrive at the tenderer's email address from the GETS address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The process for responding to our tenders will be outlined in our tender documentation.
For more information or advice:
Download: Indicative Work Programme.pdf - updated May 2019