The Financial Strategy is a key part of the Long Term Plan 2018-2028 and it explains the financial background guiding Waipa's plans for the next 30 years.
The Financial Strategy is a key part of the Waipa Long Term Plan and sits with the Long Term Plan document.
The theme for the Financial Strategy is resourcefulness and it aims to:
- invest in delivering the draft 30-year District-Wide Water Supply Strategy and infrastructure demands (including continuing to assess the condition of the district's assets like pipes and roads)
- maintain the core services we currently provide as efficiently as possible
- allow financial headroom' for high priority community projects within the next decade
- ensure debt levels are financially prudent and rates are affordable
- ensure the council is in a sound financial position at the end of 2028 to address the future infrastructure demands signaled in the Infrastructure Strategy.