Hautapu Structure Plan review
Submissions closed on 14 June 2017 for the Hautapu Structure Plan review.
By 2050 we're expecting an additional 25,000 people in Waipa. We're a growing district and with more and more people planning to call Waipa home we need to make sure our towns are ready for growth.
Planning for growth includes providing areas for housing development, thinking about the need for shopping areas and recreation spaces and having industrial land available to help create local employment.
Hautapu is in great proximity to Cambridge and the expressway to be an industrial zoned area offering land for manufacturing and other large and small scale employment.
We've been working on refreshing our 2008 Structure Plan for Hautapu to include changes that will support industrial development in Hautapu and attract more growth in the area.
A structure plan looks at where infrastructure (e.g. roads and pipes) will go and what other services will be provided.
Compared to the 2008 Hautapu Structure Plan, we're now proposing to:
- provide water, wastewater and stormwater to all properties in Hautapu. This includes a stormwater solution that allows staged development
- introduce timing for land to change from rural zone to industrial zone
- update the area layout to include the new connection to the Cambridge section of the Waikato Expressway.
View the proposed Structure Plan: Hautapu Structure Plan and Appendices [PDF, 22MB, 116 pages]
Have your say
Tell us what you think by 5pm, 14 June 2017.
- Tell us your feedback online.
- Or, download the form: Hautapu Structure Plan review - feedback form [PDF, 120KB, 2 pages]
- Then email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Hautapu Structure Plan review'
- Or, deliver or post it to us:
- Waipa District Council, 101 Bank Street, Te Awamutu
- Waipa District Council, 23 Wilson Street, Cambridge
- Freepost Waipa District CouncilPrivate Bag 2402Te Awamutu 3840Attn: Hautapu Structure Plan review