Safer roads, safer Waipā
We're looking at all the roads in Waipā. We want to know the hot spots in your area so we can ensure our roads are as safe as possible for everyone.
In Waipā, we have 1,099km of roads across our district. This does not include more than 88km of state highways managed by the New Zealand Transport Agency.
Not all roads are built the same. Rural roads have a different purpose to roads within the town centre. They also have different users. The majority of our roads are in good condition but there are still on average 240 crashes on Waipā's roads each year. So there's still areas we can improve on.
Instead of focusing solely on speed, we want to look at the bigger picture. We want to get an understanding of all of the risks on our roads and make sure we manage them well. Risks could include areas that are too narrow, blind corners, unsafe areas for pedestrians to cross etc.
Whether you use the road in your car, on your bike, on foot, or by horse - we want to hear from you.
Have your say
We need your local knowledge to help identify the hot spots in our district. So steer us your way and have your say! We're collecting feedback from Monday 13 August to 5pm on Friday 7 September 2018.
- Fill out the online feedback form now
- Download: Safer roads, safer Waipā - feedback form [PDF, 100KB, 2 pages]
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Safer roads' in the subject line
- Deliver to Council offices with 'Attn: Safer roads':
- 101 Bank St, Te Awamutu
- 23 Wilson St, Cambridge
- Post with 'Attn: Safer roads':
- FREEPOST 167 662, Waipa District Council, Private Bag 2402, Te Awamutu 3840
Drop-in info sessions
Come along to share your ideas with Council staff and discuss the changes that are needed.
- Thursday 23 August, 4pm - 7pmPirongia Rugby & Sports Club, corner of Kane St and Franklin St, Pirongia
- Tuesday 28 August, 4pm - 7pmCouncil offices, 23 Wilson St, Cambridge
- Thursday 30 August, 4pm - 7pmTe Awamutu Library, Gorst Ave, Te Awamutu