Waste Minimisation and Management Plan
Waste less, do more! Have your say.
Every six years Council review our Waste Minimisation Plan. This is a mandatory process to enable Council to continue accessing the government’s waste levy (worth close to $400,000 per year – and climbing!) It’s the waste levy which funds most of Council’s waste minimisation activities.
Submissions have now closed for waste less Waipā - thank you for providing your feedback.
There are six main issues we were asking your feedback on. They can be found at wastelesswaipa.co.nz.
Here’s the summary:
- Reducing food (organic) waste
- Do we need to change the way we collect rubbish?
- How can we reduce recycling contamination?
- Ways to diverting construction and demolition waste
- Making sure we have right infrastructure
- Getting the most from national waste policy
Have your say
Submissions have now closed - thank you for providing your feedback.
For more information on what we currently do with waste in Waipā, as well as some interesting stats on how we recycle, check out wastelesswaipa.co.nz.