Wastewater and Trade Waste Bylaw
In summary, we are proposing to:
- Combine the existing two bylaws, into one bylaw. This would make Waipa consistent with Hamilton City Council.
- Change some wording to minimise replication and take out anything that is no longer relevant.
- Reduce what is considered an ‘acceptable level of some waste characteristics’ to better align with capabilities at our wastewater treatment plants.
- Remove stated specific mass limits. These could still be applied but assessments would be made on an individual basis as part of the resource consenting process.
- Replace the Controlled Trade Waste Consent, Conditional Trade Waste Consent and Permitted Trade Waste Notice categories and replace them with one single Trade Waste Consent (which may be granted with or without conditions). This simplifies the consenting structure while maintaining controls. Under the proposed new bylaw, this means that existing Controlled or Conditional consents within our district would be called Trade Waste Consents.
We would like to know what you think about these proposals. You can read the proposed changes in our Statement of Proposal, and the proposed new bylaw.
You can make a submission by
- Post it: FREEPOST 167662 (no stamp necessary)
- Email it: email@example.com. Put Wastewater and Trade Waste Bylaw Submission in the subject line.
- Fax it: (07) 872 0033
- Deliver it to us at one of the Council Offices at 101 Bank Street Te Awamutu or 23 Wilson Street, Cambridge.
Waipa District Council
Private Bag 2402
TE AWAMUTU 3840
Submissions must be received by 5pm on 5 July 2021.