We are committed to promoting openness and transparency in everything we do. If you are interested in information that is not available on this website, there are two types of information requests we can help you with:
- Official information – you can request official information held by us under the Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act 1987 (LGOIMA); and
- Personal information – you can request to see any personal information we hold about you under the Privacy Act.
If you are not happy with the outcome of your request for official information, you can contact the Office of the Ombudsman. If you are not happy with the outcome of your Privacy Act request, you can contact the Privacy Commissioner
How do I make a request?
When requesting information, please include your contact details and be as specific as you can about what you are seeking so that we can find the information you are looking for.
You can make a request in the following ways:
- Use our online form: Official Information Request - Online Form
- Call our Customer Service Centre: 0800 924 723
- Ask in person at our Customer Service Centre: 23 Wilson Street, Cambridge or 101 Bank Street, Te Awamutu.
- Post your request to: Official Information Request, Waipa District Council, Private Bag 2402, Te Awamutu 3840
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send us a Facebook message: www.facebook.com/WaipaDistrictCouncil.
- CCTV footage can be requested through our online Request for Information CCTV form
How long will it take to process my request?
We will acknowledge your information request as soon as is practical. We will reach a decision on your request as soon as possible but no later than 20 working days after receiving it.
We will also let you know as soon as possible if we need:
- to extend the deadline on your request
- more information in order to respond to your request
- to transfer the request to another government organisation.
Once a decision is made to release information requested it will be provided without undue delay.
We may withhold information for specific reasons specified in sections 6, 7 and 17 of the LGOIMA. We may withhold personal information under sections 49 to 53 of the Privacy Act 2020.
If we withhold or decline to give information, we will explain the reason why.
When you may be requested to pay for information
Generally, requests for information are free of charge. However, there are times when we can charge for responding to official information requests under LGOIMA.
- If we decide to release information with a charge imposed, we will contact you first to explain the decision and how the cost has been reached.
- You can then decide to proceed, withdraw, or refine your request.
- Requests will be processed upon confirmation of the charge being accepted and paid.
Need more information?
If you have any questions regarding official or privacy information requests, email us at email@example.com.
We appreciate your feedback and view it as an opportunity to learn and improve our services, If you have any concerns or wish to make a formal complaint, click here for more information on how to make a formal complaint. See further our Customer Conduct page for more information about our expectations.