You can request official information held by us or any personal information we hold about you. We are committed to promoting openness and transparency in everything we do. If the information you are interested in is not available on this website, then there are two types of information requests we can help you with:
- Official information – you can request official information held by us under the Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act 1987 (LGOIMA); and
- Personal information – you can request to see any personal information we hold about you under the Privacy Act 2020.
If you are not happy with the outcome of your LGOIMA request to you, you can contact the Office of the Ombudsman. If you are not happy with the outcome of your Privacy Act request, you can contact the Privacy Commissioner
How do I make a request?
When requesting information, please be specific about the information you want and include contact information so we can respond to you.
You can make a request in the following ways:
- phone our Customer Service Centre: 0800 924 723
- ask in person at our Customer Service Centre: 23 Wilson Street, Cambridge or 101 Bank Street, Te Awamutu.
- post your request to: Private Bag 2402, Te Awamutu 3840
- email us: email@example.com
- send us a Facebook message: www.facebook.com/WaipaDistrictCouncil.
- CCTV footage can also be requested through our Request for Information CCTV form
How long will it take to process my request?
We will acknowledge your information request as soon as is practical. We will reach a decision on your request as soon as possible but no later than 20 working days after receiving it.
We will also let you know as soon as possible if we need:
- to extend the deadline on your request
- more information in order to respond to your request
- to transfer the request to another government organisation.
Once a decision is made to release information requested it will be provided without undue delay.
We may withhold information for specific reasons specified in sections 6, 7 and 17 of the LGOIMA. We may withhold personal information under sections 49 to53 of the Privacy Act 2020.
If we withhold or decline to give information, we will explain the reason why.
When you may be requested to pay for information
Generally, requests for information are free of charge. However, there are times when we can charge for responding to official information requests under LGOIMA.
- If we decide to release information with a charge imposed, we will contact you first to explain the decision and how the cost has been reached.
- You can then decide to proceed, withdraw, or refine your request.
- Requests will be processed upon confirmation of the charge being accepted and paid.
Need more information?
If you have any questions regarding official or privacy information requests, use our Contact Us page to get in touch.