Customer and Council Conduct. Our expectations
We are committed to being accessible and responsive to the public, ensuring that all our customers seeking assistance are provided with appropriate mechanisms and support to do so, and in return, we expect our customers to exercise common courtesy and respect at all times. We are here to help you.
Mutual expectations and responsibilities:
We ask that our Customers:
- Treat our staff with courtesy and respect
- Provide all relevant information to us in their dealings with Council
- Be honest in all their communications with our staff
- Cooperate with the staff who are assigned to deal with your matter with Council
- Acknowledge that Waipā District Council has a zero-tolerance policy in relation to any harm, abuse or threats directed towards its staff.
The Council is committed to:
- Providing a safe environment for staff, customers and other members of the public
- Ensuring a fair and equitable allocation of resources to customer enquiries and complaints
- Treating customers with courtesy and respect at all times
- Treating customers fairly with transparency, impartially and open mindedness
- Ensuring that customer behaviour that creates a health and safety risk for staff or other customers will not be tolerated.
In rare circumstances, where a customer behaves unreasonably, and their behaviour, through its nature or frequency, raises substantial health, safety, resource or equity issues for our organisation, we have a process to follow. Disappointing behaviour like this can result in excessive demands on Council staff’s time and resources, or create unnecessary health and safety risks. Where this happens,we may need to take measures that include restricting or adapting communications with us.