We will be replacing the current pipe and pipe bridge. The bridge also needs to be strengthened to bring the whole structure up to modern standards, including earthquake resistant.
Project update - July 2018
- constructed 550m of construction access, crane pads, and creek crossing
- temporarily relocated 200m of gas main
- relocated 70m of underground power cables
- excavated approximately 400m3 of material
- installed approximately 130Lm of new pipes (above and below ground)
- completed 10 concrete foundation structures.
Project update - June 2018
Te Awa River Ride diversion
Work will be done from Monday to Friday, 7am-sunset and on some Saturdays from 8am-4pm. No work will be undertaken on Sundays.
The project is expected to be finished by October 2018.
The project has a tendered cost of $7.7 million and is being completed by Fulton Hogan.