Waipa District Council and the Department of Corrections have awarded the $22.4 million dollar contract to build the wastewater pipeline from Waikeria Prison to Kihikihi. Construction will start in September 2019 and is expected to take 14 months to complete.
Progress so far
- A detailed design of the new wastewater system has been completed
- Spartan Construction has been awarded the $22.4 million dollar contract to build the pipeline
- Construction will start in September 2019
- Final design confirmed: March 2019
- Tender for construction contract: August 2019
- Construction: September 2019
- Complete: late 2020
29 August - Waikeria wastewater pipeline contract awarded.