Do I need a permit to light a fire?
Who should I contact?
|Immediate risk to life or property||111 – Fire and Emergency NZ|
|I can see smoke in the distance||FENZ 0800 658 628|
|Someone is burning rubber, plastic, tyres||Waikato Regional Council 0800 800 401|
|My neighbour keeps having fires||FENZ 0800 658 628|
|Looks like my neighbour is planning a fire||FENZ 0800 658 628|
|Does this fire have a permit?||FENZ 0800 658 628|
|I can see a fire but there is a 'ban'||FENZ 0800 658 628|
|My house is full of smoke, fumes, coughing, over my property, smelly washing etc||Waipa District Council 0800 924 723|
Fire safety tips
Here are some tips for keeping a safer fire:
- Supervise fires at all times.
- Don't annoy your neighbours with smoke nuisance.
- Do not light in windy conditions
- Fire must not be left to burn where there is a chance of spread.
- Water and/or other equipment should be kept handy if available.
- The fire should be completely extinguished on completion of the burn.
Page reviewed: 14 Feb 2019 3:06pm