Headstone and plaque guidelines
- The Council has made provision in its cemeteries for the construction of a continuous concrete berm for the installation of monuments and plaques along each row.
- All monuments must be installed by a member of the New Zealand Master Monumental Mason Association (NZMMMA) or be a qualified monument installation professional.
- All monuments and plaques must meet the New Zealand Standard NZS 4242:2018 Headstone and Cemetery Monuments.
- Monuments can include any tombstone, headstone, memorial, plaque, kerbing, or other erection.
- A permit must be obtained from council prior to the installation or maintenance of any monument or plaque.
- After a monument has been installed, please photograph in-situ and send image to email@example.com along with permit reference and name(s) of the deceased as confirmation of installation.
- Leamington Cemetery - Garden of Remembrance 1
- Hautapu Cemetery - Garden of Remembrance 1
- Pukerimu Cemetery - Memorial Ashes Berm 1
- Granite or other suitably hard stone
- Stainless Steel
- Granite or suitably hard stone
Method of Fixing/Securing
Health and Safety, Contractor Expectations
Page reviewed: 26 Oct 2018 9:30am