Be a good neighbour
- Talk to your neighbours first if you intend to have a party, carry out any building work or any other noisy activity on your property.
- Mow your lawns at reasonable times during daylight hours. At the weekends or on public holidays, avoid mowing early in the morning.
- Comply with any resource consent noise restrictions for commercial land development or construction work.
Construction noise in your neighbourhoodThese are the times when construction can be carried out in a residential area:
- Monday - Friday 6.30am - 7.30am (Quiet preparation work only)
- Monday - Friday 7.30am - 6pm
- Monday - Friday 6pm - 8pm (Extra work at a reduced noise level)
- Saturday 7.30am - 6pm
Page reviewed: 13 Jun 2017 9:30am