Waipā Recovery Fund
Te Tahua Hāpai Tangata a Waipā
He kaupapa tāu hei āwhina i ngā hapori, i ngā whānau hoki o te rohe pātata ki te whakapiki i te kaha i muri i ngā pānga o KOWHEORI-19?
He aha Te Tahua Hāpai Tangata a Waipā?
Tautoko ai te Tahua Hāpai Tangata a Waipā i ngā kaupapa, i ngā hōtaka me ngā ratonga e tukuna ana e ngā rōpū kāore e arumoni e whai nei ki te āwhina i ngā hapori me ngā whānau o te rohe pātata ki te whakapiki i te kaha i muri i ngā pānga o KOWHEORI-19.
Me mātua whakaatu ngā kaupapa ka whakawhiwhia ki te pūtea i te ū ki te oranga ā-pāpori, waihoki, ākuanei ka whai wāhi ki te oranga ā-ōhanga, ā-ahurea, ā-taiao anō hoki.
Kāore te tahua e wātea ana hei tautoko i te rere noa o te pakihi, i ngā tarepa ā-whakahaere o mua mai i a KOWHEORI-19.
I ā rātou tono, me āta whakaatu ngā kaitono angitu:
- i ngā taunakitanga e kitea ai ngā hiahia o te hapori
- i tētehi hononga mārama ki te whakapikinga o te kaha i muri i te mate urutā ā-ao
- i tētehi mahere ā-kaupapa me tētehi pūtea e tōtōpū ana
- i te kaha ki te hāpai i te kaupapa e marohitia ana.
Tonoa mai he pūtea mā Te Tahu Hāpai Tangata a Waipā.
Waipā Recovery Fund
Do you have a project or initiative that will assist local communities, families and whānau to recover from the impacts of Covid-19?
Waipā Recovery Fund now closed
What is the Waipā Recovery Fund?
The Waipā Recovery Fund supports projects, programmes and services provided by not-for-profit community groups that aim to assist local communities, families and whānau to recover from the impacts of Covid-19.
Initiatives that are allocated funding must demonstrate a commitment to social wellbeing, and may contribute to economic, cultural and environmental wellbeing.
The Fund is not available to support business as usual, nor operating deficits from prior to Covid-19.
Successful applicants must demonstrate in their application:
- evidence of the community need
- a clear link to recovery from the global pandemic
- a sound project plan and budget
- capacity to undertake the proposed initiative.
Apply for funding through Waipā’s Recovery Fund
Successful Recovery Fund recipients
- Ngāti Koroki Kahukura Trust ($20,000) for a 12-month programme of events to help people navigate support and health services, support kaumātua and support food gathering and production;
- Ngāti Apakura Rūnanga Trust ($10,000) for a feasibility study around establishing a nursery;
- Cambridge Committee of Social Services ($1,000) to support families on low incomes at Christmas;
- Citizens Advice Bureau Te Awamutu ($5,314.62) to temporarily increase hours to cope with a surge in enquiries;
- Cambridge Community House ($105,040) to support an additional counsellor and social worker.
How to apply?
The next funding round opens mid 2021.
Download an application form at:
Applications must be emailed to email@example.com.
Only one application per organisation will be accepted.
Please provide proof of bank account detail in the name of the applicant.
Note: Applicants must be a legally constituted community group or organisation, or have a legally constituted organisation apply on their behalf.
What cannot be funded?
- Business as usual operating costs
- Large capital or construction costs
- Projects and activities that have already taken place
What happens if your application is successful?
You will be notified if your application is successful.
Payments will be made within 10 days of the receipt of invoice.
All recipients of the Waipā Recovery Fund must provide a report outlining how their project, programme or activity has contributed to the project outcomes. This must be received by Council within 6 months of the activity taking place.