Types of resource consents
Land use consent
- any activity done on the land, e.g. commerical or retail developments.
- building, additions and alterations to buildings, and controls on buildings and structures
- land modification such as earthworks.
- creation of a new freehold title,
- creation of a cross-lease,
- creation of a unit title development, for example a block of flats,
- relocation of boundaries.
Section 223 approval
Section 224(c) approval
Certificate of compliance
Certificate of existing use rights
- was originally lawfully established
- has not been stopped for longer than 12 months
- has effects that are similar to when it was started.
Page reviewed: 30 Oct 2017 11:49am