Corridor access

Excavating on Waipa's roads?

If you wish to carry out any excavation work within Waipā​’s road corridors you are required to submit a Corridor Access Request by going to​


For any SUBMITICA website queries please contact RAMM on 0800 256 832​

Service requests

All service plan requests and locates will continue to be obtained from​​​​ 

Please contact council's Traffic Management Coordinator​ on 0800 924 723 for any C.A.R or T.M.P application enquires.  

All work must be carried out in accordance with the New Zealand Utilities Advisory Group under the National Code of Practice for Utility Operators' Access to Transport Corridors and Waipa District Council's set of Local Conditions. 

The local conditions will be made available to applicants once a Corridor Access Request has been lodged.

​​Traffic and events on roads

​​Is your event using all or some of a road? If you will be using parking spaces, roads or footpaths, or if you are altering the flow of traffic and or pedestrians from the norm, you’ll need a professional traffic management plan.​

Waipā​ District Council require at least 90 days, before your event date, to complete the road closure process for an event. If you’ve never been through the process before, here’s how it goes:

  • event organisers hire a traffic management company/STMS and the event organiser completes and submits the Event Application Form​​
  • they create the plan with the organiser and submit it to council
  • event organisers are responsible for telling residents/businesses in the area of their plans, this can be done by a letter drop, email or meeting – whatever works best to communicate with those affected
  • for a closure, you must also publicly notify, this is done by council putting a public notice in the papers on your behalf, and if anyone objects to the road closure, they have two weeks to do so
  • all going well, and if no objections are received, a formal report goes to a council committee and the closure is approved. If objections are received, it’s the event organisers responsibility, with support from council, to find a solution.
If you'd like to discuss your event and it's use of the road corridor you can contact councils events and marketing advisor at or by calling 0800 324 723.

Page reviewed: 16 Aug 2019 9:12am