Excavating on Waipa's roads?
Traffic and events on roads
- event organisers hire a traffic management company/STMS and the event organiser completes and submits the Event Application Form
- they create the plan with the organiser and submit it to council
- event organisers are responsible for telling residents/businesses in the area of their plans, this can be done by a letter drop, email or meeting – whatever works best to communicate with those affected
- for a closure, you must also publicly notify, this is done by council putting a public notice in the papers on your behalf, and if anyone objects to the road closure, they have two weeks to do so
- all going well, and if no objections are received, a formal report goes to a council committee and the closure is approved. If objections are received, it’s the event organisers responsibility, with support from council, to find a solution.
If you'd like to discuss your event and it's use of the road corridor you can contact councils events and marketing advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 0800 324 723.