Recycling Calendar FAQs
Each year since the start of the recycling service in 2019, Council have hand-delivered approximately 22,000 recycling calendars to households in the district. Last year, the 2021 calendar delivery cost more than $30,000 to deliver.
We are mindful to provide an efficient and sustainable recycling service and have considered a number of ways that residents can access the annual recycling calendars in a more environmentally-friendly way, such as online options and through a push notification system with Antenno.
Due to the following factors, we have decided to move to digital options for recycling calendars for 2022 and beyond:
- No changes to the recycling collection schedule (fortnightly yellow bin collection and monthly blue bin collection continue as normal)
- Reduction in time, resources and costs in providing the annual recycling calendar
- Contribution to a more sustainable recycling service
- Physical copies of calendars will be available for residents to collect on request
- Good uptake of Antenno push notification system (which notifies residents of their recycling day prior to collection)
- High numbers of residents already access our recycling collection day finder
Digital calendars are available 24/7.
You can access the recycling calendars in the following ways:
Download and print your calendar by searching your property address on the Recycling Day Finder here.
Sign up to Antenno a free mobile app from the App Store or Google Play store. A recycling notification will be sent to your device on the day prior to collection, informing you of the correct bin to put kerbside. Please double-check your address information is correct so you get the right notification for you.
Phone 0800 WAIPADC (0800 924 723) and let us know your postal address and route number to request a calendar or fill out the form here.
You can get a push notification sent to your phone by downloading Antenno from the App Store or Google Play store. A recycling notification will be sent to your device on the day prior to collection, informing you of the correct bin to put kurbside. Please double-check your address information is correct so you get the right notification for you.
No, there is no change to the recycling collection service. The yellow bin collection will continue to be collected fortnightly and the glass bin monthly for each route. The recycling collected will continue to be sorted at the Te Awamutu Recycling Centre and transported to Auckland markets for processing into recycled materials.