New Zealand is experiencing a significant shift in the expectations of customers which means that environmental sustainability is now a key part of doing business. Reducing the waste that is created in and by your business is an important part of your environmental impact, and offers numerous benefits.
This helpful guide will enable local businesses to think differently about the waste they are generating and empower them to make simple changes that result in a big impact.
Download: Reducing your workplace waste pamphlet [PDF, 5MB, 16 pages]
Local business case studies
Locally owned and operated in Hamilton, Zibido Hair is a professional salon renowned for amazing service and award-winning hair stylists.
What got them started?
After attending a presentation by Sustainable Salons Australia, Shannon and the team were motivated to look at what was happening in their own business and how they could reduce the waste they were creating.
What have they done?
- All stylists now work with reusable or recycled foils
- There is a salon 'Bokashi bin' to compost food and other organic waste
- Cut hair is offered to clients to be put in their home compost and worm farms
- All foil and colour tubes are recycled and the earnings are donated to charity
- A sorting system has been put in place to improve recycling
What are the results?
- Their waste has reduced by over 90% to just 1.5 bags per month!
- They continue to share their journey with other businesses in the industry to inspire and motivate others
- Customer engagement and support has significantly increased
Posters for workplaces and schools
Download the below posters to help your workplace or school deal better with waste.
Print and attached these nationwide, standard posters to your recycling, rubbish or food waste bins to help you, your visitors and staff sort their waste correctly.