Application to Take Water from Council Supply
Bulk Water Take Applications
Council have three bulk water stations, two located in Cambridge and one in Te Awamutu. This ensures the safety of our water supply, and accurate billing of your water use.
Anyone seeking access to Council bulk water stations need to complete the online application.
How to Apply?
Complete the link to the online form.
The contact email address provided on the online application, will :
- Will be automatically emailed a copy of the application to the email address provided on the online form; this is also the permit.
- Registered as the contact person for any matters
- Receive a unique PIN for use at the bulk stations along with other access instructions. Note, this process is not automatic and Council will process requests within 3 working days.
The link below, can be used for new applications and for recording any changes in company contact details, vehicles.
If you wish to cancel your permit at any stage, or sell the business, please contact Water Services – Compliance and Improvement Team, directly.
For any new applications, PINs will be issued separately and are not generated through the online process for security reasons.
There have been some other changes made to the Water Take Permit’s:
- The permit no longer has an expiry, as long as the unique PIN is used once every 12 months.
- Your online application is your permit, a copy will be automatically emailed to you after you submit the application online.
- To report any issues outside of Councils normal working hours, please notify our out of hours service, which is currently Hamilton City Council. You will be assigned a reference number and unless your call is urgent, a staff member will be in touch during office hours.
Fees and charges?
Water Supply Bylaw
The Water Supply Bylaw 2013, was be repealed on 1st October 2022 the Water supply Bylaw 2022 comes in to effect. A statement of proposal for the proposed bylaw 2022 can be found here.
Who to Report issues to?
During normal Council working hours, please contact Compliance and Improvement Team, Water services. Outside of Council working hours, you will be put through to the after hour service, Hamilton City Council.