Calling all designers and photographers in Waipā! We need your ideas for the new loo at Centennial Park in Te Awamutu.
The winner will receive a $500 Prezzy card AND have their design applied to the exterior of the new toilet block at Centennial Park for all to see!
Entries are now open!
Centennial Park is a place for recreation, exercise and play. We want to see designs that incorporate these and showcase movement!
- The entry must not showcase portraits of actual people - present or past.
- Any use of Māori whakairo (patterns and motifs) must be done with the utmost care, wisdom and consideration – advice should be sought.
- The artwork shall not be demeaning of any cultures, genders, secular or religious followings – the celebration of diversity is most welcome.
- The artwork must not promote any political parties’ agendas or views.
How to enter
To download the entry form, click here.
Designs can be submitted by email to email@example.com or dropped off to Waipā District Council offices in Te Awamutu (101 Bank Street) or Cambridge (23 Wilson Street).
Your entry can be provided as a photograph, digital artwork or vector file.
- Acceptable file formats for photographs and digital artwork are JPG, JPEG, TIF, TIFF, PNG, PSD. Entries must be high resolution (300 DPI), approximately 25 per cent of actual print size.
- Vector files must be PDF. AI. or EPS.
- For photographic entries, please submit no more than four photographs with each entry.
All entries must be submitted by 5pm, Monday 5 October 2020. No late entries will be accepted.
For competition enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions of entry
- The Designer Dunny competition is open to people of all ages who have lived in or currently reside in Waipā.
- All designs/photographs submitted must be the work of the designer/photographer submitting the entry.
- Any entry submitted to the competition may be used by Waipā District Council for marketing and promotional purposes.
- After the competition has closed, a judging panel will select the winner. Judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner grants Waipā District Council permission for their work to be applied to the toilet block at Centennial Park on Rewi Street, Te Awamutu and grants permission for the design/photograph to be altered, if necessary, to produce a suitable image for printing.