The Great Inflate
Win a hot air balloon visit to your school!
Calling all Waipā primary and intermediate schools… We have an exciting opportunity to bring a hot air balloon to your school!
Simply send us a video or photo of your classroom’s greatest ‘balloon creation’ – bonus points for thinking outside the box.
The winning school will get a visit from the 'Sweet Pea' hot air balloon and see it inflated on their own school field!
What’s a ‘balloon creation’?
We want to see your creative interpretations of a balloon e.g. a song, dance, drama, artwork or sculpture – the sky’s the limit!
How to enter
- Get your classroom together and come up with a weird, wacky or wonderful idea for how to replicate a balloon – and take a video or photo of what you come up with.
- Send your video or high-resolution photo to email@example.com by 5pm, Friday 12 March 2021 with the subject line ‘The Great Inflate’.
- In your email, state which classroom and school you are from, as well as a contact name and number for a school staff member or teacher.
- As an optional extra, you can also include a short written blurb about why a hot air balloon should come to your school.
- Come along to Balloons Visit Waipā at Albert Park, Te Awamutu on Friday 19 March to see if your school has won!
If you are submitting a video, it needs to:
- Be less than 59 seconds long,
- Use free music that isn’t copyrighted (if you’re using music),
- Be uploaded to a streaming service/social media platform, with the URL emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be submitted before 5pm, Friday 12 March 2021,
- If you are emailing the original video, please compress the file.
If you are submitting a photo, it needs to:
- Be less than 15 MB,
- Be in JPEG format, and
- Be emailed to email@example.com before 5pm, Friday 12 March 2021.
What happens next?
When the competition closes at 5pm on Friday 12 March 2021:
- We’ll collect and shortlist your videos and photos.
- Judges will then decide on the winner.
- The winning school will be announced at Balloons Visit Waipā at Albert Park, Te Awamutu on Friday 19 March.
- Once a winning school is selected, Waipā District Council will work with the school and hot air balloon owner to find a suitable date and time for the school visit.
Any questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Waipā District Council’s ‘The Great Inflate’ competition terms and conditions
- Videos and photos should be submitted by email to email@example.com with the subject line of ‘The Great Inflate’.
- The competition is open to Waipā primary and intermediate schools. Schools can submit multiple entries – but each entry must be from a different classroom.
- All entries must be received by 5pm, Friday 12 March.
- All images and videos submitted must be the work of the classroom/school submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other competition.
- Waipā District Council have the right to retain entries on file for possible future use.
- It is the responsibility of each classroom/school to ensure any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the students/teachers involved.
- Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
- Winning and shortlisted videos/photos may be used by Waipā District Council, the waipadc.govt.nz website and the Waipā District Council social media channels free of charge for publicity purposes in connection with this competition.
- The winning classroom agrees to be photographed or videoed when the hot air balloon visits their school.
- Winners will be notified at Balloons Visit Waipā at Albert Park, Te Awamutu on Friday 19 March 2021.
- The Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The hot air balloon will arrive on a trailer to the winning school and be inflated on school grounds for the students to see up close and personal. The balloons will remain on the ground and not fly up into the air. The hot air balloon will not take student for rides.
- By entering this competition, you agree to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions.