Giveaway terms and conditions
By entering the promotion, you agree to these terms and conditions.
- Any decisions made by Waipā District Council in regard to any part of the promotion are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Waipā District Council reserves the right to amend, change or cancel the promotion and/or the terms and conditions of the promotion at any time.
- Only Waipā residents are eligible to enter.
- Waipā District Council staff and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter.
- Entries must be made within the timeframe specified in each post to be eligible.
- Previous winners will not be eligible to enter for a period of 90 days.
- The winner will be notified by Waipā District Council via social media or through other contact details submitted when entering the promotion. Where attempts to contact the winner fail, Waipā District Council reserve the right to select another winner.
- Waipā District Council reserves the right to offer alternative prizes of equal or lesser value in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
- All prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for any cash alternatives, in whole or in part.
- By accepting the award, each winner acknowledges that their name and photograph may be used by Waipā District Council for publicity purposes.
Celebrate Play Week Aotearoa and find new ways, places and spaces to play in Waipā!
Let us know in the comments below where your favourite place to play in Waipā is and go in the draw to win a Waipā Home of Champions summer prize pack.
Giveaway closes 15 November, 5pm. Winners will be announced on 16 November.
Our mates at the Pirongia Trail Run have 10 entries to give away for the runter, punter and grunter courses at this year’s epic event.
To enter, tag a running buddy or comment below with your favourite spot, and you could be a winner!
We’ll also throw in a Waipā Home of Champions pack to help you get across the finish line on November 18.
Winners will be drawn on Wednesday, November 1.
For more event information, visit www.pirongiatrailrun.com
- Entries are only redeemable for the PTR23 event – no transfers.
- Only available for the Runter (3km), Punter (8km) and the Grunter (13.5km). The Munter is all full up!
- One entry per winner.
Make the most of the long weekend and give your garden some TLC! Here’s a tip: put some good quality organic mulch around your plants. You can save about 70% of water being lost through evaporation by adding a mulch layer of at least10cm.
We have 10 x 40-litre bags of mulch and feed to give away!
Want to win? Visit our Te Awamutu or Cambridge Council offices and ask our wonderful customer support team for a free mulch bag!
- Promotion closes 5pm, Friday 20 October.
- The giveaway is on a first-in, first-served basis.
- You must pick up the mulch bag.
- Our offices are open from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Scavenger hunt rainwater harvesting giveaway, closed 4 October 2023.
Keep an eye out for our scavenger hunt, this Wednesday, October 4 2023. We’ll have six rainwater harvesting tanks up for grabs around Waipā! Make sure you’re following us for the first clue.
- One rainwater tank per person. If you are the first person on-site at the scavenger hunt and collect the tank, you are not eligible to collect another tank from another site, even if you are the first person there.
- Tank must be collected and taken home immediately.
- The voucher is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
- The first twenty people to attend each workshop are eligible for the $200 to put towards a Designer Tank rain tank.
- If you win the tank at the workshop, your voucher will be void.
World Car Free Day, closed 21 September.
We are giving away 200 BUSIT passes for a FREE return bus trip on Friday 22 September. To get the free BUSIT passes, residents had to visit our Te Awamutu or Cambridge Council offices and ask our customer support team for the free BUSIT pass.
Promotion closed at 5pm, Thursday 21 September. The giveaway was on a first-in, first-served basis and only valid for 22 September.
Matariki giveaway, closed 11 July 2023.
We are giving away four matariki prize packs to Waipā residents who comment what event they like the look of on whatsonwaipa.co.nz/matariki on Facebook.
Giveaway was running from 5 July to 11 July. The winners was drawn on 12 July 2023.
We are giving away two dog hampers to Waipā residents who post a photo in the comments of their dogs with their rego tag on Facebook.
Competition ran from 22 June to 29 June and the winner was drawn on 30 June 2023.
Road Safety Week - tag your road safety hero!
Competition runs from 17 May to 21 May and will be drawn on 22 May.
We are giving away one $100 petrol voucher and $50 goodie bags to Waipā residents who tag their road safety heroes in the dedicated Facebook post.
Showerhead flow rate Facebook competition
We gave away a $50 prezzy card to Jaime Wintle that measured their showerhead flow rate and commented it on our dedicated Facebook post.
The competition winner was drawn 12 May 2023.
Leamington Domain colouring in competition, closed 21 April 2023
The winner of the colouring in competition was drawn Friday 5 May on our Facebook page, the winner was Charlotte Jecks (8yrs). Charlotte won a fun family day pack out that includes a family pass to Perry Aquatic Centre, a family pass to the trains at Leamington Domain and a $100 grocery voucher.
All entries must be 12 and under and follow the above terms and conditions.
IBCPC Dragon Boat Festival
We gave away 4 x $50 podium cafe vouchers, Waipā backpacks and caps as spot prizes to people who followed us on Instagram and Facebook, took a photo with our Dragon Boat signs, shared the post and tagged us.
The competition was held from 14 - 16 April at the Pink Parade of Nations and the Dragon Boat Festival.