What's On Waipa
COVID-19 gatherings Level 2
New Zealand’s priority is slowing the spread of COVID-19 and as we know events, both public and private, can pose a high risk for transmission of infectious diseases. New Zealand is currently at Alert Level 2. Alert Level 2 means changes to how gatherings, events and workplaces operate. A gathering brings people together at a specific location where they will be in close proximity for an extended period of time. These could be public, corporate or private events. Helping people avoid close contact with others, like you would with the seasonal flu, is an effective way to prevent the spread of COVID-19. These measures will help protect you, your family/whānau and all of New Zealand. For more details visit health.govt.nz.
At Alert Level 2, it is still important to be aware of your physical distancing.
Physical distancing is important to help protect you and others from COVID-19, which spreads via droplets from coughing and sneezing.
Attending events and gatherings
- The following people should avoid attending events of any size:
- anyone who is unwell
- anyone who is a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19
- anyone waiting for a test result for COVID-19
- anyone who is self-isolating.Read more about self-isolation.
- Health care workers should be extra vigilant with standard hygiene practices when attending gatherings that may put them at risk of transmission. Infected health care workers may impact the ability of the workforce to respond COVID-19 and place unnecessary stress on the health care system.
People at higher risk
When New Zealand was previously at Alert Level 2, people at higher risk were advised to avoid gatherings of any size to protect their own health and stay home as much as possible.
Whether you're an event organiser or an event goer, whatsonwaipa.co.nz is the place for you.
Our events website provides all the info you need to discover events happening in the Waipā district and event organisers and promoters can list their events for free!
You'll find everything you need to help make your event a success from tips, tricks and tools for event organisers in our organsier toolkit.
What's on Waipa lets you create and update your event listing where ever and whenever you like.
It's the one-stop-shop for you to see all of the amazing things going on in our district!
If you'd like to know more about running a public event on any of Waipā's parks or reserves, head on over organising an event.