Sister City relationships promote interaction between people of different countries and cultures.The aim is to foster international understanding and friendship to encourage the exchange of education, culture and sport and to promote, where possible, tourism and trade.
Cambridge Sister Cities
Cambridge has formal Sister City relationships with Bihoro in Japan and Le Quesnoy in France. The agreement between Waipa District Council and Bihoro was signed in 1997, while the agreement with Le Quesnoy was signed in 2000.
Some of the activities with our Sister Cities include:
- Education exchanges, including student exchanges
- Tourism and friendship visits between the Sister Cities
- Assisting the exchange of trade, research and technology
- Assisting with business links
- Facilitating linkages with like organisations in our Sister Cities
- The Japanese Garden in Cambridge