Waipā Youth Awards
The Waipā Youth Awards recognise the outstanding achievements of Waipā youth in academics, arts and culture, community service, leadership, environment and sport. Run annually by the Waipā District Council, the Waipā Youth Awards are now in their 20th year. They are open to people aged 14 - 18 years who live in Waipā or have attended school in our district.
Waipā Youth Awards 2022
It's announcement time! To see all the recipients of the 2022 Waipā Youth Awards watch the video below. Congratulations to you all!
For outstanding academic excellence.
- Arts and Culture
For outstanding achievement in the cultural field including any aspects of art, music and culture.
- Community Service
For offering care and assistance to the community and whose contribution has been invaluable.
For outstanding contribution towards the protection of the environment.
For outstanding leadership.
For outstanding achievement in sporting abilities.
For outstanding success in more than one of the previous categories
- The nominee must have resided or attended school for at least six months in the Waipā District for the period 1 February 2021 – 31 January 2022.
- The nominee must be between 14 and 18 years of age from 1 February 2021 – 31 January 2022 (inclusive).
- Achievements must have been attained during the period 1 February 2021 – 31 January 2022 (inclusive). Any achievements outside of the qualifying period will be discounted.
- A detailed account of the nominee’s achievements and successes is required for the qualifying period and must be submitted on the official nomination form or online form. Nomination forms are available from Council offices and libraries and can be downloaded from Council’s website – www.waipadc.govt.nz/youthawards. Online nominations can also be made through this website.
- Nominees can only be nominated for one of the six individual categories, plus the multi-achiever category if there are strong credentials for nomination in more than one of the individual categories.
- The nominator should have some standing in the field for which the nomination is made. For example, in the academic category this should be a teacher or school principal or someone with the appropriate academic status who can confirm the accuracy of the nomination, and in the sport category this should be a sports teacher, coach, trainer or school principal.
- For sport nominations only – please provide contact details for a key person in the nominee’s sport. This may be necessary for the judges to obtain clarification as there are multiple categories and classes within some sports.
- Please email a high resolution photograph of the nominee participating in their field of achievement to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3 June 2022. A school ID photograph is also acceptable provided it’s a high resolution file. Waipā District Council reserves the right to use photographs from the Waipā Youth Awards to promote the Waipā district.
- Please ensure all sections of the nomination form are fully completed with the required information on the nominee (including their current contact details). Waipā District Council reserves the right to reject any nomination forms if they have not been completed in their entirety.
- Nominations must be received by Waipā District Council by 5pm on Friday 3 June 2022.
- As an awards ceremony is not being held this year, the award winners will be announced on Council’s website after judging has been completed.
- Privacy Statement: This information is being collected in order to validate the nomination and will be used by the judges in considering the nomination. It may also be used in publicity supporting the Waipā Youth Awards. Entry into the Waipā Youth Awards assumes permission to use this information in the manner stated.