CCTV cameras are installed in Waipā's main town centres to monitor traffic and to make the district a safer place to live and spend time in. Camera installation is a work in progress.
If you would like to view footage regarding to crime active or incident captured by our CCTV system you will need to speak directly to the Te Awamutu Police. Otherwise please submit your request here: Request for Information (CCTV Images) online application form.
Some cameras are already up and operating but he system does not come on line for another month or two, but by the time the web site goes live it may be going. Flag for review by end of October 2019.
- Victoria Street and Hamilton Road roundabout
- Victoria Street and Queen Street roundabout
- Victoria Street, Alpha Street and Lake Street roundabout
- Victoria Street, Duke Street and Empire Street roundabout
- Victoria Street and Wilson Street intersection
- Victoria Street/Bridge and Pope Terrace roundabout
- Wells Place 37°52'19.3"S 175°28'48.1"E
- Tirau Road, 37°53'40.5"S 175°28'48.0"E. The camera is located on the westbound side of the road, on the light pole.
- Pukemako Reserve
- Ōhaupō Road and Benson Road intersection
- Ōhaupō Road, Arawata Street and Cambridge Road roundabout
- Alexandra Street, Arawata Street and Sloane Street roundabout
- Alexandra Street, Mutu Street and Rewi Street roundabout
- East of Alexandra Street, Mutu Street and Rewi Street roundabout
- Albert Park Drive, Sloane Street and Vaile Street roundabout
- 203 Benson Road, Te Awamutu